In my 6+ years as a front end developer I’ve worked with a wide range of technologies, including various CMSs and custom code bases written in standard front end languages utilizing current best practices. I also make a regular habit of keeping up with industry developments.
For a more thorough list of my toolbox, you can view the laundry list below.
- Front-End Development
- Solid Debugging Skills
- Agile Workflow with JIRA
Other General Skills
- Remote Work Experience
- Self Starter
- Passionate Learner
Software Engineer | Lab Zero
July 2017 - Present
A digital consultancy with the highest standards in quality from code to design to full product development in an Agile package.
- Details coming! I just started this amazing new job. In short, I'm working on challenging projects in the Ruby and React/Node stacks.
Senior Front-End Developer | Sooryen Technologies, Inc.
August 2014 - July 2017
At this fast-growing technology solutions company, I use various standard front-end and partner technologies to provide fast, clean, efficient end user experiences.
- Architect and Tech Lead on implementation projects for Web Payments API and Google AMP as well as various optimization projects.
- Senior Developer on mobile sites for the 1800Flowers family of brands, focused on increasing conversion rates and improving customer satisfaction, maintaining and improving existing codebase and implementing new features.
- Tech Lead and Project Manager for Bloomreach partnership, serving top 100 ecommerce merchants, improving search and conversion.
- Additional tasks: code reviews, JIRA ticket management, creating documentation, creating, implementing and troubleshooting new workflows and technologies, improving team efficiency, mentoring junior developers, and presenting internal tech talks on various topics.
Web Designer/Developer | Brimar Industries, Inc.
December 2010 - August 2014
My main responsibility was designing and building PHP-based user interfaces for the company’s various ecommerce sites and blogs.
Web Production Assistant | rayogram
June 2010 - December 2010
At this boutique web agency, I assisted in all aspects of site development, from templates creation to photo preparation.
- Created Drupal templates, installed and configured modules
- Updated CSS files
- Modified PHP templates
March 2000 - August 2014
I created CMS-based, as well as bespoke websites, for several clients.
- Designed and planned the wireframing for the UI
- Created sites with WordPress, including custom content types and theming
- Created sites with Drupal, including theming and module configuration
- Hand-coded HTML and CSS, and created jQuery plugin implementations
Luna Station Press
An independent publishing company
I am the owner, publisher, editor, designer and sole developer for a small press. I also run a quarterly magazine, publishing short fiction by authors from around the world.
This project puts every skill I have to the test, from developing the websites for the magazine and book catalog, to learning the arcane ways of ebook creation, to managing an international staff of volunteers.Luna Station Quarterly Luna Station Press
The purpose of plastic is to provide a simple, flexible engine for handling character creation, meters, inventory and interactions in text-based games.
The language of the functions will be kept as agnostic as possible so as to accommodate any type of game the author imagines, from RPGs with battle mechanics to non-violent games that benefit from a similar mechanic but vastly different purpose.Plastic on Github
A resource directory for people in tech
One day I wasn’t feeling well and told some friends that I was going to hide in my virtual hoodie. it started me thinking about how important self care is, and how little we pay attention to it in the tech community.
So often I see my fellow developers ignoring their basic needs for rest and refreshment. I started this site to provide a central location to find links that will help us all take better care of ourselves.selfcare.tech
About Me | Contact
I am a web developer/designer from the NYC Metro area with over 14 years of experience in web development and design.
My goal is to create things (apps, websites, physical notebooks if that's how they swing) that help people organize their lives better and then get out of the way to make room for creativity, personal development, and happiness.
When not designing or coding things, I write fiction and essays, play video games, and make things out of wool.
The Laundry List
I've worked in a lot of different technolgies over the years. Here's a more thorough list of my experience.
- Apache Velocity
- Cross-browser Issues
- Graphic Design
- Google Analtyics/Tag Manager